MAKE EVERYDAY A HEYDAY.
love, light, sorrow, joy, faces, places, and the memories they hold -
these are the elements of our heyday

Hey There!

Heydays With Hanna is an online journal about travel memoirs, design musings, photographs, and personal reflections. I hope to be able to encourage you all to embrace everything about the mundane and extraordinary days and make every moment a Happy Heyday!
Latest Stories

SEOUL: MY FIRST TASTE OF AUTUMN

Photographed by Na Ri Yim at Hongik University 

I have always wanted to travel with good friends. There's something exciting about the fact that you set your feet on a completely different soil with the people you love to have fun with and share memories with. That's why when the opportunity came in last year, my good friend Kath along with her best friend Sab planned out a trip to Seoul and tagged me along with them. We decided to go during the early stage of Autumn and witness the romance of foliage changing into different colors. 


Here are some photos I took of the Autumn scape in Seoul: 
Love the contrast of this Ginko leaf and the Hongik University Baseball field 
I admire how Koreans seem to be very much into landscaping and growing plants. You will actually see a lot of shops in Seoul that sell different kinds of flora, succulents, and herbs.
I love the gradient of the trees along Itaewon. A nice play of Yellow and Green could be seen along with the array of trees in the sidewalks. Somehow, this gradient of landscape softens the very stiff and cold textures of the glass building surrounding the area. What would we do without plants and trees? I can never imagine.
Autumn colors at night can be clearly seen as I walked down the Namsan Mountain. There's something so romantic about the experience of just walking down the mountain with a breathtaking view before you. The cold Autumn breeze along with the particular scent of moist greenery just soothes the tired and weary soul.
Here's my friend Sab enjoying the morning sun and the cold Autumn breeze in aA Design Musem, Hongdae. I was not expecting to get close to Sab during the trip, but it made me realize that we actually share a lot of things in common when it comes to admiring art and design. She is my good friend Kath's best friend and I'm just really glad that this trip has not only given me an opportunity to travel and see things on my own, but I gained a new friend on the way! It makes the memory all the more lovely, somehow.
A female college student enjoying a book on a breezy afternoon at the Ewha Women's University field

I really enjoyed this trip so much not only because of the beautiful surroundings but the fact that I shared it with people dear to me. Definitely, the best way to spend my first Autumn experience.

Who did you share your first week of Autumn with?

Happy Heyday! 

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)