MAKE EVERYDAY A HEYDAY.
love, light, sorrow, joy, faces, places, and the memories they hold -
these are the elements of our heyday

Hey There!

Heydays With Hanna is an online journal about travel memoirs, design musings, photographs, and personal reflections. I hope to be able to encourage you all to embrace everything about the mundane and extraordinary days and make every moment a Happy Heyday!
Latest Stories

SOME IMAGES OF JUNE AND A VLOG

Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Time for me is one of the best representations of all things bittersweet. Days pass and we then realize how much time we spent enjoying what we love and on the other end, we also regret not being able to do other things that we had in mind. Days pass and we feel that we've become so consumed with our daily lives that we forget to pause and rest as well. Time does that to us, it brings us out of our most vulnerable state. Time reminds us of both the good times and the bad. Time is indeed one of the most beautiful reminders that we are still alive, that we still have moments, that we still have all the chance in the world to see what's here and what's about to come.

Along with some images that I took are thoughts collected over the past couple of days.
Sometimes we wish we could slow down time or go back in time. But what happens if we are really given not much of a choice but to race with it? June is about to come to a close and we are still here, continuously hanging on a thread as a nation, trying to combat the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the country. But since we are practically left without much of a choice but to slowly operate and keep our finances afloat while trying to adapt to the changes in our daily lives, small and big businesses are now one by one opening its doors to the public, taking every possible risk they could get in order to provide food on the table and be able to manage their businesses at the same time.
Time stopped in schools. I used to get really annoyed by the noise around this school near my subdivision but walking by it now just feels very different. I can't believe I'm saying this but I really miss seeing all the windows opened and seeing children walking or running around. I've been seeing a lot of schools closing down in the news lately and that is indeed a reality that most academic institutions face right now. As an educator myself, I have seen teachers chasing after sudden developments and upgrades they must all make in order to catch up with the online learning system-something we're all not trained and designed for. This time has brought out both the best and the worst for both learners and educators. And while I am for diversity and change when it comes to learning, I also think that certain upgrades and measures must be done in order to cater to online learning and education.

Time will only tell when these buildings will function the way it was made for.
Time has turned our home gardens into live exhibition halls for different plants and blooms to grow. I have witnessed the deepest oranges and pinks paint our facades over the summer and currently enjoying the lush greenery sprouting with joy. I have witnessed how sunrise and sunsets cascade over the place and automatically change the filter of each scene and landscape. To me, time slows down whenever I look at these plants. It's when I get to appreciate its textures and visualize how they can serve as creative inspirations for both design and art.

I have written about how plants teach us a thing or two about life, and I would definitely stick by that belief. They are indeed the best teachers and representation of life living and getting by through change of seasons and time. Witnessing the change in the landscape around me for the past four months made me understand the true value of waiting, of going through drought or period of rest, and eventually blooming again and bearing fruits.
I don't know if it's just me, but I have come to learn and accept that our bodies speak to us; it tells us if it's time to stop and slow down, it prompts us to work, it also reminds us to change a thing or two in our routines or lifestyle choices. Our bodies know and acknowledge the time, and it is our responsibility to consciously listen to it and care for it. There are specific times of the day when I just decide to stand up from my work desk and lie down to let my back rest, I used to feel really guilty about it and I used to find it unproductive, but I am slowly coming to terms with the need of my mind and body to rest.
My favorite time of day? That would be between 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM. I really make sure to step out in the middle of this timeframe to either walk, sit by the garden bench, or simply stare at the sky and watch the colors change along with the swaying of the trees. To me, this is the most peaceful and restful part of the day and I always look forward to it.
Waking up in the morning would mean an eager poodle terrier wagging her tail outside my bedroom door. I truly enjoy waking up to my dog Kimchi demanding a morning cuddle, I don't know about you but dogs really are the best companions, they eagerly and unconditionally go through every stage of life with you and to me, it is one of the best gifts ever given to man!
And the most valuable thing Time has taught me so far would be the ability to truly appreciate and enjoy every single aspect of life-even the idea of waiting. Four months at home has definitely taken a huge toll on us, but I could very much say that time has taught me to be grateful for every single spent inside it. After a long period of waiting and assessing, I am personally slowly trying to fight the fear of being exposed outside. My husband has been going to the office for a month now and I will not deny the fact that along with every wave I make while seeing him off in the morning come a whole lot of thoughts and prayers. It will take some time before that kind of ease would be among all of us again.

And with my husband knowing this fear that I have, he's been slowly introducing me to the outside world again by inviting me to buy groceries, occasional bread and coffee runs, and lately, a quick drive outside the city just to get a whole new view of things.
I'm currently working from home and I don't think I'll be risking the idea of going out to work for quite a while unless I'm really needed to be on the site. I really do miss going out though, and the elation I felt just by looking through the car window last Sunday has truly proved that longing. I'm just really glad that I have a patient husband who carries me through the overthinking that I do whenever I step out :))

So far, June has been an adjustment month for all of us who were put on a long stall. As offices and retail operations resume, our activities are also slowly going back to where we left off four months ago. Time somehow is running a wee bit faster than last month, I would say. And I truly hope that as we continue to look for measures to adjust and move along with our lives as people, as institutions, and as families, we continue to maintain discipline and vigilance along with our every step and action.

I truly miss being out, little by little, slowly but surely, I hope that we can all walk and breathe freely again. Here's a short vlog of clips I got to compile from last Sunday's drive:
I hope you guys are having a good week so far! One of the best things that Time also gave me is the ability to be able to spend more time writing on the blog. I have never been this consistent with my writing and I would truly say that I have enjoyed these past months because I had the Heydays and I gained friends in all of you. I am truly grateful for the kind souls who have spent and are spending their time with me here on the blog. I want you to know that reading through your comments and your own blogs truly inspire me and have kept me company over the past few months in quarantine. Moving forward, I truly hope that we continue to support and inspire each other through this beautiful platform that we all have.

Wishing you all love, light, and as always, a Happy Heyday!

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos. I think now more than ever we're becoming more grateful for the little things :)

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Radi, it's great to hear from you again. Thanks for visiting the blog and for your kind words! I agree with you, it's nice to be grateful and to be reminded about it constantly.

      I hope you are doing well!

      Cheers,
      Hanna

      Delete
  2. Nice to find your blog! Your photos are amusing even the video. It's good to see someone writing positively about life these days.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mercy! I'm glad to meet you here :) Thank you for taking time to read and even watch the vlog, I really appreciate the time! Times like this, it's hard to keep the positive mindset consistently, but then again, it's all part of the cycle and we somehow breeze through every bit of it. I'm just really happy to be able to share these small joys to everyone in here.

      Let's keep in touch! Take care always.

      Cheers,
      Hanna

      Delete
  3. I agree with you. When I look back, I always feel bittersweet about some of the things that happened, whether it is changes in ourselves, or just the days before lockdown. I wished we could have slowed downtime before how normal life changed. Feels like we took things for granted. Though, I do feel the part about school. That felt like forever! Love that you still try to spend time out safely. I need to do that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! I completely agree with you, we really took a lot of things for granted. Things will definitely change in the future and while it does, I hope we become more appreciative and conscious of our surroundings. Thank you for spending time with me again here on the blog, I always appreciate and look forward to your inputs 💖

      Take care always!

      Cheers,
      Hanna

      Delete
  4. These pics are so magical and beautiful! Nice Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary
    Beautyandfashionfreaks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jyoti!

      Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking time to read the blog. I hope you are doing well! Stay safe and healthy!

      Cheers,
      Hanna

      Delete
  5. I've been able to concentrate on my home garden and its taught me a lot of patience! I agree that there's a lot we can learn from plants and they surprise me all the time with little changes and growth!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to hear that you were able to spend more time caring for your garden! I've been seeing a lot of friends who have learned to grow a garden or start maintaining it during the lockdown. It's great to see their progress 💖 I'm looking forward to a garden tour-ish from you soon!

      Cheers,
      Hanna

      Delete
  6. You're back!
    Its been hard and I can feel and understand how you feel especially with this post. The pandemic really paused everything. The things that I hated before, I miss seeing them now. I like how to said you missed seeing the school and students.
    I feel like I've only experienced 3 months (if not less) of the year. The events are overwhelming and at the same time endless. News that came out 2 days ago seems like two weeks ago.
    Will things ever go back to normal; yes. But it's going to take quite a while. I always come back here because you write with such a sincere and genuine voice. You don't really see that in the blogging space.
    Keep shining baby girl!
    xxxxx
    Sending you all my love!

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am! I usually update on Tuesdays and or Fridays 😉 I'm really glad to see you here, thank you for taking time to read and share your inputs! I agree, it's definitely going to take a while and I honestly think that there will definitely be changes here and there, whether we like it or not. I hope that we'll be prepared, be more appreciative and conscious of everyone around us and our surroundings as well. I truly look forward to the day we all get to freely go out and breathe in fresh air without having to fear anything!

      Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, my dear! I hope you are safe and healthy!

      Cheers,
      Hanna

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love the rawness of this. Definitely a breath of fresh air <3 I hope you're well, Hanna x

    Hugs,
    Cae | Ughs and Ohs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cae, I'm doing well so far! Fancy meeting you here 💖 It's always a great experience to meet a lovely soul in this space. Thank you for taking time to read through my entry, I'm glad to be able to course through a little bit of my thoughts and experiences with you!

      Let's keep in touch!
      Hanna

      Delete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)